On this page, you’ll find step by step instructions on how to make this creamy and tasty soup!
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 4 cups of broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. of onion powder
- 4 cups of shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 4 oz. of cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Add the chicken broth, broccoli, and carrots to a heavy bottom soup pot and bring to a boil.
2. Once the vegetables are tender, about 6-8 minutes, add in the garlic and onion powder.
3. Let the liquid cool to below 150F before adding the cheese so it doesn’t clump and sink to the bottom. Add in the cheese a handful at a time, making sure it is incorporated before adding more.
4. Add the heavy cream and cream cheese.
5. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve with extra shredded cheddar cheese if desired.
You can watch the step by step instructions here…
If you like this recipe, please share it with your friends and family on social media.