This is a simple meal idea that packs a ton of flavor! You and your family are sure to enjoy it!
- 3/4 pound of sliced chicken or turkey (from the deli counter)
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 12 oz. of Rao’s marinara sauce or low sugar tomato
- 10 TBSP of whole milk Ricotta cheese
- 3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season with salt & pepper. Add additional seasoning like basil, garlic powder, or oregano if desired.
2. Once the meat is cooked until no longer pink, add in the marinara sauce. Stir to combine and let simmer on low for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. In a casserole dish, spread a small amount of red sauce on the bottom.
4. Add a layer of chicken slices. Top with 5 dollops of ricotta cheese and ¼ of the mozzarella cheese.
5. Add another layer of chicken. Followed by more of the red sauce.
6. Add another layer of Ricotta cheese.
7. Add another layer of the mozzarella cheese and chicken slices.
8. Top with remaining red sauce and mozzarella cheese and bake at 400 degrees or until cheese on top is bubbly.
9. Voila! It’s done and looking oh so tasty!
This recipe came from YouTube (Keto Focus)
I hope you have a chance to make this and love it too!